Monday, January 19, 2015

Caloy's Biography Chapter I: The Beginning

Today is January 20, 2015 I am in my room at the house of my in laws. I am 38 years old and I feel neither young nor old. Today, I decided to start my autobiography.  I am nobody to most of the people but I am somebody to a few friends and colleagues. I have no intentions to be very famous but I also want to leave something to the next generation especially my bloodline.

I have been married for 10 years and I still do not have a child. I am still hoping that my wife and I will be blessed with children but the odds are actually bleak. If I ever have kids and eventually grandkids, I would really want them to read this.

So far, I can say that have an ordinary life. It is in a way mediocre in achievements but it is rich of lessons.  I am thankful to God with my life so far. I have struggled, I have failed, I have cried, and I can say that I have experienced many things. I believe each life is extraordinary and mine is.  I believe that there is a God and there is a good reason for me to be born into this world.

When was I born? I was born at the Perpetual Succour Hospital in 1976. My mom was a clerk while my dad was more of a self-employed guy. I have to brothers with my parents and I am the first born.  My dad is from Bohol while mom traces her roots to Danao, Cebu and Ormoc.

What can I remember of my childhood? I spent my early years in Banawa, Cebu City.  We had a small house and we had a store.  Our subdivision has a well organised subdivision. There were may kids my age. I would say it was a happy childhood.  Our subdivision is close to what is now the Alliance of Two Hearts Parish.  It was just a chapel then.

Since we had a store, I learned how to add and to subtract money at a young age. I feel in love with numbers very early in my life. Jai Alai was still the "in" thing and I somehow got more fascinated with number by looking at the tips.

I started school when I was 5 going 6.  I studied kindergarten in the University of San Carlos Girl's High. I usually take a tartanilla o kalesa to school. A tartanilla is a horse driven carriage.  I was an above average student and I have shown my mathematical abilities early.  I was really one of the best when it comes to adding and subtracting and even in multiplying and dividing.  I studied at USC until I was grade two.

No comments:

Post a Comment