Wednesday, February 27, 2013

02-27-2013: Humility


James 4:9-10

New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
Lament and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy into dejection. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

We cannot win every time. Only very few can say they are undefeated. The month was tough work-wise and I admit that i am truly humbled with the experience.  It is painful but it is reminder that there is a big chance of redemption. I cannot afford to have a joyful disposition.  I submit to the Lord.  

Today, I realize that indeed there is a time to mourn and weep.  We cannot just laugh and be positive about everything.  The worst times are the best times to reflect and make changes.  It is usually the time that people are most creative, prayerful, and change-oriented.  By reaching the bottom, you can either quit or propel yourself back up. It is a critical time. A serious time.

It is time for me to rise from the ashes and start redeeming myself.  I want my team to also learn from the experience and truly become better than ever.  It is time to be serious and I will reserve all my joy and laughter when I reach the goals that I have set upon myself. 

I turn to God that He may bless me with all the wisdom, knowledge, skills, breaks, and opportunities to attain my goals. I recommit myself to my goals and I will do whatever it takes to achieve. I resolve that I will not celebrate the small victories or be happy be small gains as I will focus my eye on the prize and do this quest as my offering to God. May he be with us! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment